[WSBAPT] pre and post nups re death

Roger Hawkes Roger at law-hawks.com
Tue Feb 10 13:24:59 PST 2015

What is the most recent interpretation of testamentary provisions within a pre or post nuptial agreement?  e.g. a pre nup says on death all separate property of decedent goes in accord with decedent's will; it is signed and acknowledged by both, but not witnessed by two others; does this work as a waiver of inheritance rights?  I don't see how it could operate as a will.  Does it utterly fail without testamentary witnesses?

Am I just not seeing the trees cuz of the forest?

Roger Hawkes, WSBA # 5173
19909 Ballinger Way NE
Shoreline, WA 98155
www.hawkeslawfirm.com<http://www.hawkeslawfirm.com>