[WSBAPT] Due on Sales Clause and transfers to trust

Jennifer Y. Sohn jennifer at sohn-law.com
Mon Feb 2 14:31:25 PST 2015

I would review the deed of trust and any other loan documents. My experience
has been that most commercial banks (including Chase) doesn't care too much,
or will approve the transfer upon request, but I recently had a lender (a
fannie mae loan) call a loan for transferring assets to an RLT.  If there
are more than 1 properties I would presume the non-residence property will
not fall under the (d)(8) exception.