[WSBAPT] Trust Question

John J. Sullivan sullaw at comcast.net
Mon Dec 28 08:54:16 PST 2015

I don't think you need to reconvert back to mom first as long as the trust allows other parties to contribute besides grantor.

Interesting question on REET will be whether the revocable trust exemption covers both of them or whether you have to claim a gift too from daughter to mom.

Finally, did daughter acquire any equity while on title? Did mom file a gift tax return? If daughter has no equity the value of her gift back to mom should be under the annual exclusion.

John Sullivan

Sent from my iPhone