[WSBAPT] Trust Question

Sabina Ambartsumyan Sabina at sealegalfirm.com
Mon Dec 28 08:38:17 PST 2015

Hello All!

I had a quick question hopefully someone can help me with. This is probably a pretty basic question and this is the first Trust I have ever worked on. So potential client came to me and wanted to set up a trust to benefit her children, a son and a daughter. However, after I decided to take the case I found out that PC had in the past quit claimed 3 of the pieces of property to both herself and her daughter. I talked to them and they still want to do a trust to avoid probate. I’m wondering if the best thing to do is a joint trust from the mother and daughter and put everything in their trusts name. However, the daughter will still be the beneficiary, so will that be a problem. Or is it better for the daughter to quitclaim her part of the property back to her mom and then just create a trust for the mom. I appreciate anyone taking the time to help me with this question.

Thanks,

Sabina Ambartsumyan