[WSBAPT] Deceased mother's name on deed/title to house and sons?

Linda Nguyen burchettlaw at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 19 09:38:20 PDT 2015

I have client whose mom's just passed and all he wants to do is to remove his mother from the deed/title to the house.  There are 3 names on the title/deed to the house: my client's name, his brother, and his mother.  There is a valid will and my client is named executor.  His main goal is just to remove mother's name from title/deed to the house.

He is also trying to avoid probate if possible.  My understanding is I need to found out what type of deed it is and we can possibly proceed without probate if it was a "joint tenant" type deed.  Other than that and since there was no trust, than I believe we must probate and obtain letters of testamentary in order to remove mother's name to the deed?

Comments or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Linda