[WSBAPT] Beneficiary Designations

Katharine P. Bauer kpb at bpblegal.com
Wed Apr 15 14:40:52 PDT 2015

I guess I have to apologize for posting this question as it has proved
quite confusing to many.  I did not give good background or specifics.  I
am sorry!  I am familiar with all the work-arounds and most issues that
come up in these matters.

My question, put in another way, is this.

When an estate is the beneficiary named on a beneficiary designation form
for a large IRA/401k (ouch!!!), has anyone thought about whether the PR
could disclaim the asset.   In this case, the agreement states if there are
no beneficiaries living, the spouse, if any, will inherit.  If no spouse,
then the children.  My major question, therefore was whether anyone has
ever had a PR sign a disclaimer of a retirement asset?

I certainly haven't...

Sorry for the confusion.  I am now out of the office until Tuesday.  Have a
great weekend everyone!

Kathie