[WSBAPT] Can't locate the heir...

Patrick J. Galloway patrick at alsnorthwest.com
Wed Apr 8 10:47:59 PDT 2015

Decedent leaves two vehicles and a fifth wheel trailer. Not worth much. There is an estranged son that nobody has had contact with for decades. Decedent's siblings have taken possession of the property to keep it safe from vandalism etc.
Siblings have tried contacting the son and his mother through mail and phone numbers obtained from internet searches, but have not received a response.
Questions: Is there a process in probate to demonstrate due diligence in contacting the son and if that fails have the court order the property goes to the decedent's siblings? Assuming that process costs more than the property is worth or the siblings are willing to pay what should they do with the vehicles?
Thanks for your responses in advance! This is one of those situations where I would be happy to spend time researching the issue if I was getting paid, but since I am not I am hoping to shortcut the research by relying on colleagues who have already faced similar cases.
Sincerely,

Patrick J. GallowayAdvance Legal Services, PLLC1920 N. Pittsburgh Ste. D-3Kennewick, WA 99336 (509) 851-7884  www.alsnorthwest.com This E-Mail message and any documentation accompanying this transmission may contain privileged and/or confidential  information and is intended solely for the addressee(s) named above.  If you are not the intended addressee/recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of, disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on the contents of this E-Mail information is strictly prohibited and may result in legal action against you.  Please reply to the sender advising of the error in transmission and immediately delete/destroy the message and any accompanying documents.  Thank you.