[WSBAPT] Intestate to Testate

Richard Wills richardwills at washington-probate.com
Wed Apr 8 06:10:54 PDT 2015

*What would be simplest would be:**
*

  * *File the Will.*
  * *File a Decl signed by both heirs acknowledging the Will, & that
    they want the estate to continue to be administered as an intestate
    estate despite the Will.*

*I'd petition to have the Will admitted only if it made a material
difference, for example, if the intestate PR has a substantial Bond that
will need to be renewed annually at significant cost, which could be
eliminated if the Will were admitted & waived Bond.*

*You don't mention who the Will names as PR.  If it's other than the
appointed PR, you'll need to obtain that nominee's consent to have the
current PR continue.*