[WSBAPT] RCW 11.68.070 "citation into court" of the PR

Richard Wills richardwills at washington-probate.com
Tue Apr 7 13:19:28 PDT 2015

*Eric --- I've done numerous petitions for PR removals.  Up to several
years ago, I did a simple petition, giving notice, etc. Whoops --- I
came before Comm'r B-J: "Counsel, the PR has NP, so the Court has no
jurisdiction over the PR.  You need to move the Court to issue a
Citation to have the PR appear, which gives the Court jurisdiction over
the PR."  Furthermore, she declined to accept my oral Motion, "No, I
want a written Motion to Show Cause, to issue the Citation."  Ever since
then, my "Petitions to Remove PR" have become "Motions to Show Cause re
Removal of PR & to Issue Citation."  Good luck with yours.*