[WSBAPT] Canadian cross border probate issue

Jim Doran jim at doranlegal.com
Mon Jul 7 15:39:23 PDT 2014

I had thought of doing the probate here and do it relatively
inexpensively.  Will the Washington superior Court do a probate of a
Canadian who died in Canada solely for the purpose of getting letters of
Administration to deal with the funds in Washington?

As I ask the question my instincts tell me “Yes”, the court will do this.

What do you think?

James R. Doran

Attorney at Law

100 E. Pine Street – Suite 205