[WSBAPT] naming more than 2 co-trustees

Cyrus Field cyfield at rockisland.com
Wed Jul 23 11:04:02 PDT 2014

Folks- I have a client who wants to name himself and several children as
co-trustees of his restated RLT, each having the right to act
independently.
To date, I have never drafted a trust naming more than 2 co-tees and the
idea of doing so, especially where they can act independently (although I
know each can delegate to a co-tee under RCW 11.98.016), seems fraught
with
peril. Any practical advice/experience to share out there for this type of
situation? Thanks in advance, Cy

Cyrus W. Field, Attorney at Law (admitted in Washington and Oregon)
phone: 360-472-1223 Mail: POB 367, Shaw Island, WA 98286 Office: 640
Mullis
St. Friday Harbor, WA
The information contained in this e-mail message, including attachments,
may
be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not
the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is
strictly prohibited. If you think you have received this e-mail in error,
please e-mail the sender at cyfield at rockisland.com and destroy or delete
the
original and any copies. To comply with IRS regulations, we are required
inform you that this message and any attachments cannot be used for i) the
purpose of avoiding tax-related penalties or ii) promoting, marketing or
recommending to another party any matters addressed herein.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
- To contact the list administrator, send a message to:
webmaster at wsbarppt.c=
om

- To unsubscribe, send a new email addressed to
removeme-wsbapt at lists.wsbarp=
pt.com - OR - send  a message to webmaster at wsbarppt.com asking that you be
r=
emoved from the wsbapt list.

Information provided on this list should not be considered legal advice.
As =
with all lists - let the reader beware! No warranties or representations
are=
 made as to the accuracy of any information provided. All opinions and
comme=
nts in this message represent the views of the author and do not
necessarily=
 have the endorsement of the Washington State Bar Association nor its
office=
rs or agents.