[wsbapt] Advice on new Mac

Melinda Grout mkgroutlaw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 08:40:06 PST 2014

Happy new year!

I'm about to buy a new Mac, and am looking for wisdom from those who use
Mac.  I switched from a pc to a MacPro a few years back, using the Office
for Mac, and have for the most part been good with it.  Still some
headaches, but then I'm not too tech-savvy... Now I'm going to get a newer
Mac, the other having run its course.

I am considering an Air instead of a Pro, primarily for the lightness.
Thoughts?

Also considering including Outlook (in Office for Mac) for contacts, file
management, and conflicts.  Good choice or is there a better choice?

Finally, I'm considering, if this seems too complicated, engaging someone
to get all this set up and running for me, but don't know a computer geek
who knows both law offices and Macs.

Any advice from folks with experience with any of this would be most
appreciated.

Melinda

--

Melinda Grout
Law Office of Melinda K. Grout, PS
mkgroutlaw at gmail.com

    This message is from an attorney and may contain confidential content.
If you are not the intended recipient, it’s too late to stop reading this
message, but you may not use it for any improper purpose. Please delete
the message, destroy any copies, and notify sender.
     Information contained herein should not be considered legal advice.
No warranties or representations are made as to the accuracy of any
information provided.  Receipt of this email, or exchange of emails, does
not create an attorney-client relationship.
    I do not use encrypted email.  Messages sent to or from my office via
email are not secure and may not be protected by attorney-client
privilege.
    This email address is not monitored at all times.  If your matter is
urgent, please phone my office during regular business hours.
    Any tax advice included in this document and its attachments was not
intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used, for the purpose of
avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code.
    Thank you.

- To contact the list administrator, send a message to:
wsbapt-owner at listserv.nethelps.com