[WSBAPT] PR discretion - charitable gift in will

Sam Furgason sam at furgasons.com
Fri Jan 31 00:42:22 PST 2014

Well, it’s a little hard to do early on, when you need every bit of
business you can get, and it’s a little hard the first time or two because
we all have that urge to help people. I know; I’ve had my share of
desperate clients whom I’ve felt compelled to help, and I always made
below minimum wage on them. But at some point you realize you can’t give
them good representation if you don’t have a positive relationship, so you
have to move on, and rationalize that they may find a better match
elsewhere. Sometimes it’s not the money; it’s just the matchup. I have
some clients whom I truly like, and who truly like me. Those are the best.