[WSBAPT] Probate with Litigation

Paul Grant paulnnepa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 11:43:55 PST 2014

Listmates,

I opened a probate to pursue a LTC policy litigation case (Federal court)
- client started it then died.  We have Ltrs Tst etc.  Glad to say we won
the case but Def is appealing ... quick plug to say if you have a LTC
policy not paying out we may have the successful formula.

Question:  I received an automatic notice from probate that nothing has
been done with the case for 12 months so they are closing it.  With the
case being appealed should I submit a request to keep the probate open (we
do not anticipate any of the awards to be in the name of the estate) or
should I allow it to auto close.  Is there a legal necessity to have the
PR in place when we are still in the process of the case?  The appeal is
just starting so we anticipate a 18+ month process.

Your thoughts are very appreciated!

Paul H. Grant - JD, LL.M

Planning with Purpose, Inc
Lynnwood, WA 98036
425-939-9948
www.planningwithpurposeinc.com

Estate Planning. Business Planning. Wealth Succession.

=======================

- To contact the list administrator, send a message to:
webmaster at wsbarppt.com

with the following in the body of the message: unsubscribe wsbapt - OR -
send a message to webmaster at wsbarppt.com asking that you be removed from
the wsbapt list.

Information provided on this list should not be considered legal advice.
As with all lists - let the reader beware! No warranties or
representations are made as to the accuracy of any information provided.
All opinions and comments in this message represent the views of the
author and do not necessarily have the endorsement of the Washington State
Bar Association nor its officers or agents.