[WSBAPT] [SPAM] Effect -procedure re criminal bond- guarantor

Josh Grant jgrant at accima.com
Wed Feb 26 11:54:48 PST 2014

Depends on what the agreement with the criminal attorney was.  If the
$50,000 was non-refundable then what hadn't been earned, may be kept by
attorney, or if it was an hourly agreement then what hours were spent are
gone but the rest may come back.  If the agreement was between client and
attorney and no agreement with deceased, I would ask for the deposit which
is remaining back and see what the attorney says.  Regarding the cash
bond, write the court and ask for its return.  The court may just return
it if the Defendant has shown up a few times, and let criminal defendant
out on PR.  I doubt that the criminal attorney can file an attorney's lien
on the son's inheritance.  The son could assign his right to inheritance
to the attorney, but otherwise estate will not have a lien to worry about.