[WSBAPT] PR's duty re weapons of decedent

Sam Furgason sam at furgasons.com
Mon Dec 15 15:59:25 PST 2014

Maybe, and probably the best practice, absent a desire to challenge the law
by a PR or beneficiary, but see my next preceding email as to definitions.
And  who is the “we” who have to notify the DOL? The PR or the beneficiary
who actually gets the pistol? Furthermore, does the PR have to submit to a
background check, or just the beneficiary? (Were I advising a PR, I would
strongly recommend that no firearms at all be distributed to anyone who has
not passed a background check.)