[WSBAPT] PR's duty re weapons of decedent

Marcus Fry mfry at lyon-law.com
Mon Dec 15 15:39:20 PST 2014

I am not sure I concur.  A personal representative doesn’t inherit anything, heirs do.  I read the statute that once a PR delivers a pistol to an heir, the heir must transfer the pistol or notify DOL that the heir is retaining the pistol.

Marcus J. Fry
Lyon, Weigand & Gustafson, P.S.
Adoption Attorney*
P.O. Box 1689
Yakima, Washington  98907
Telephone:  (509) 248-7220
Facsimile:  (509) 575-1883

NOTICES:
 *Adoption Attorney reflects election as a Fellow of the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys, an invitation based organization of 300+ attorneys nationwide, under its criteria of experience, ethics and peer recommendation. Washington's Supreme Court has not yet developed or recognized a credentialing process for specialties, and certification/fellowship is not required to practice law in this state.