[Vision2020] Living In The 50's

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jan 4 05:33:36 PST 2023

Living In The 50's

by B. J Ayers

There was a time when all was well
When we played games and made our toys
My old home place and a younger me
When you fancied a girl, but would never tell

When Elvis sung and shook his hips
When Little Richard played his guitar
When a 'sock Hop' was a dance
Where we all danced and sung along

When life was good and cars were hot
When '57 Cheves' and Thunderbirds
When everybody wanted one and envied by all
When Beer was in and a weed was not

When love was puppy, our parents thought,
When 'necking' was desired, especially by boys
When bobby socks and loafers were worn by all,
When 'parking'was better than anything bought

Oh, how I wish I could go back in time,
When life was simple and very good
Now only memories for us to share
For those of the 50's and a very special time.

http://www.MoscowCares.net

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy