[Vision2020] Ahhhh, the memories . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Sep 18 08:58:14 PDT 2022

My first overseas assignment in the Army was Merrell Barracks (Nuremberg, Germany).  I was all of 18 years of age.

The first two things I learned about Germany was the legal drinking age of 16 and the government regulated sex industry.

Being a single, 18-year old soldier, these realizations added a whole new dimension to my Friday nights and Saturdays.

Below is a photo of a region that GI‘s nicknamed “The Wall”, which is located just inside the old city of Nuremberg.  A thirty-foot stone wall surrounds the old city.  A paved pathway, about a car lane wide, parallels the stone wall.  In the region nicknamed “The Wall”, are a series of display windows (left side of photo) where the ladies would display their wears (or lack thereof).

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Photos/Germany/The_Wall_Nurnberg.jpg

http://www.MoscowCares.net

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy