[Vision2020] Home Sweet Home . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Oct 19 08:06:07 PDT 2022

. . . Anjong-Ri, Korea (hootch on the left) . . . February 1976 - March 1977.  Rent was $40/month.

http://www.tomandrodna.com/MoscowCares/Photos/Korea/AnjongRi_HomeSweetHome_0276_0377.JPG

When Rodna and I packed to leave for the states, the landlord brought over a couple sodas (or so he called them).  Turns out that “sodas” was one of the few english words he understood.  The sodas were, in fact, 70% soju (Korean whiskey).

Ahhh, the experiences in Korea I could share with you . . .

Like December 31, 1976 at the Top Hat Club, a GI hangout in Anjong-Ri . . .

Rodna and I went there for beer and munchies.  Korea, back then, had a 10 PM curfew.  At about 9 :00  the tavern had all the business girls line up in front of the bar.  Tickets were sold and a drawing was held.  Whoever won the drawing got an all-nighter with the business girl of his choice, courtesy of the Top Hat Club.

Those were the days . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.net

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy