[Vision2020] Green Schools Higher Ed Critics

Ron Force ronforce at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 10:23:25 PST 2022

This morning's * Daily News *story left out one of the best exchanges in
President Green's testimony, here from the *Idaho Press's Eye on Boise.*

https://www.idahopress.com/eyeonboise/ui-budget-was-cut-last-year-based-on-false-narrative-president-scott-green-tells-jfac/article_f6b66467-6598-5268-9c1b-aa6b835e82a2.html

[Representative Ron] Nate responded, “President Green, the University of
Idaho has previously hired a director of engineering diversity for the
College of Engineering, that cost them over $140,000. The University of
Idaho’s Office of Equity and Diversity states the Office of Equity and
Diversity engages in social justice advocacy through policy implementation,
programs and services. I think that’s evidence right there that the
University of Idaho is not devoid of critical race theory and social
justice programming. Any efforts to reduce expenses on these programmings?”

Green said, “I will respond to that, if you don’t mind, Mr. Chairman, Rep.
Nate. Again, we had Hawley Troxell take a look at that. … It does refer to
that position in engineering. The IFF report references the college’s
appointment of a director of engineering diversity, the establishment of an
endowment to support diversity and inclusive initiatives. The investigation
did substantiate that an endowment exists. According to witnesses, the
endowment was established by Micron, one of Idaho’s largest employers, and
was granted by Micron with the express condition that it be used to promote
these initiatives. Micron appears to be of the opinion that these
initiatives and skills are essential to its workers, many of whom it
recruits from the University of Idaho’s College of Engineering.”

“Thus, regarding the College of Engineering’s diversity and inclusion
initiatives, it appears there are several independent justifications to
maintain such plans, including maintaining accreditation standards and
appealing to the college’s stakeholders and donors,” Green said “We found
no evidence that the College of Engineering reserves research opportunities
or other resources for minorities or women, and no evidence that
non-minority students are excluded in any capacity.”

Read the
Ron Force
Moscow Idaho USA