[Vision2020] Remember the Sixties Well

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Jan 29 05:07:00 PST 2022

Remember the Sixties Well

Aurhor unknown

The sixties was an amazing decade
there was so much history which was made
women were set free with approval of pill
John Kennedy was elected to go to the hill

Cuban Missile crisis almost started WW III
then a man shot and killed President Kennedy
the Beatles came to America with flare
Johnson signed the Bill of Rights to be fair

Boxer Clausius Clay became Mohammad Ali
everybody got excited watching color TV
Woodstock was the music event to see
landing on the moon changed destiny

Turmoil in the streets as cities burned
MLK and RFK were assassinated we learned
Vietnam became dirty little war
protesters didn’t know what fighting for

World series won by the New York Mets
Super Bowl won by Namath and the Jets
would have been a good place to place bets
Celtics won 9 of 10 championships, good as gets

Everywhere you looked was mini skirts
nobody could complain when a girl flirts
smoking pot became a national fad
you would not believe all the fun I had.

http://www.MoscowCares.net

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy