[Vision2020] [Complete Article] Caturday (August 20, 2022)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Aug 20 05:27:27 PDT 2022

Courtesy of MSN at:

https://www.msn.com/en-US/news/world/dramatic-clip-captures-moment-lifeguards-save-cat-from-drowning-got-you/ar-AA10O8tN?ocid=sapphireappshare&utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

————————————————-
Dramatic Clip Captures Moment Lifeguards Save Cat From Drowning: 'Got You'

A dramatic clip has shown the moment British lifeguards saved a distressed cat from drowning in a river in the east of England.

In the viral footage shared on the social media platform TikTok on August 8, a crew of lifeguards can be seen rescuing the feline.

As the clip starts a Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) crew can be seen moving their boat towards a white cat that was clinging to a river wall in Great Yarmouth's River Bure, while half of its body was submerged in the water.

Thankfully, the visibly shaken cat was quickly wrapped up in a towel and greeted with a typically British: "Hello, mate."

While the boat made its way around the town's harbor, one of the lifeguards can be seen petting the animal and telling it: "We've got you."

It later emerged that the cat, called Icicle, was reunited with its owner and that the rescue would be featured as part of a BBC series Saving Lives At Sea, which shows real-life rescues from across the British Isles.

The RNLI is made up of volunteer lifeboat crews that provide a rescue service in the U.K. and Ireland.

According to the organization, its crews have saved more than 142,700 lives since 1824 and regularly share safety information for people heading to the coast in the British Isles.

Since the clip was shared earlier this month, it has been viewed 1.2 million times and has attracted some 113,700 comments.

Many of those who commented on the post thanked the lifeguards for their valuable service and praised the way they handled the rescue.

One TikTok user said: "Not all heroes wear capes, some have orange boats."

Another added: "Absolute heroes, I love the wee [little] 'hello mate, we've got you' when he's wrapped up. Pure care and compassion."

A third commented: "Cat didn't have any energy left to meow and say thank you, but he did it a thousand times with his eyes and heart."

A fourth posted: "Thank you so much for helping that poor little one and thank you for all you do."

RNLI volunteer at Great Yarmouth and Gorleston, Shaun Kent, said in a statement sent to Newsweek: "It's been so great to see the public's positive response to Icicle's rescue.

"It was a pleasure reuniting him with his owner and we're so relieved we got there just in time."

Saving Lives At Sea will air on BBC Two in the U.K. at 8 p.m. GMT on Thursday, August 25, and will later be available on iPlayer..

———————

Video . . .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/news/cat-enjoying-peaceful-life-has-relatable-reaction-to-3-month-old-kitten/vi-AA103B1l?ocid=sapphireappshare&category=foryou

“Caturday” by Linus Petit
http://www.tomandrodna.com/MoscowCares/Caturday/Caturday_by_Linus_Petit.mp3

http://www.MoscowCares.net

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy