[Vision2020] We Rulers of the Earth

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Apr 26 05:01:12 PDT 2022

We Rulers of the Earth

by Sandra Haight

Homo-Sapiens we call ourselves, rulers of this Earth,
   Intelligent and civilized, but what is all this worth?

We're working hard to conquer space...we landed on our Moon.
   We better solve our problems here, or soon we will face doom.

New industries and factories constructed every day,
   And poisoning the air we breathe...is this the price to pay?

Energy sources shrinking now...what happens when there's none?
   Will Man of Earth ever learn to work with Nature as one?

Some in this world are starving still while others hoard their gold.
   Intelligent and civilized; at least, that's what we're told.

We cure disease with drugs that may cause sickness as result...
   How many dearly paid for this ‘experimental cult’?

We have become a plastic world where everything is fake,
   From foods we eat to how we look...oh, when will we awake?.

We're civilized we tell ourselves, but fight our fellow man,
   If only we could solve world stresses through a better plan.

With government corruption...morality sinking low…
   The price of progress we may say...is this the way to grow?

We have upset Earth’s balanced ways, destroying Nature’s scheme...
   We’re intelligent and civilized...is it all a dream?

Will we ever walk on Nature's path, take her by the hand,
   Restore the beauty meant to be on Earth, our dying land?

Homo-Sapiens we call ourselves, rulers of this Earth...
   Intelligent and civilized, but what is all this worth?

http://www.MoscowCares.net

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy