[Vision2020] Important Quote Re: 4-12-22 DeSmog Article "West Virginia Protest Calls out Manchin’s Coal Profits"

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 20:17:37 PDT 2022

Important quote from the article referenced below:

Manchin, who has a blind trust set up
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/12/13/manchin-blind-trust-enersystems-stock-climate-change/>
for
his investments, has continually been a one-man blockade for climate
legislation. That came to a head this year when he essentially killed the
Build Back Better bill, Biden’s signature climate and social policy
legislation, by dropping his (some might argue never serious
<https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2021/12/19/scoop-manchin-refused-a-call-from-wh-before-killing-bbb-495521>)
support of it. He closed his statement
<https://www.manchin.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/manchin-statement-on-build-back-better-act>
with,
“I will continue working with my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to
address the needs of all Americans and do so in a way that does not risk
our nation’s independence, security and way of life.”

https://www.desmog.com/2022/04/12/west-virginia-grant-town-protest-joe-manchin-coal-profits/?utm_source=DeSmog%27s+Weekly+Newsletter