[Vision2020] Gov. Greg Abbott signs Texas voting bill into law, overcoming Democratic quorum breaks

g crabtree direoutcome at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 10:08:19 PDT 2021

*"One key issue the Texas voting law impacts . . .*

*It terminates absentee voting (mail-in ballots).  In other words . . . our
troops overseas will not be allowed their basic right to vote."*

This assertion is in no way correct. From the bastion of conservative
truth, CNN...

Texans who are voting by mail -- those who are over age 65, out of the
county on Election Day or have a disability or illness that prevents them
from voting in person are eligible -- will now need to provide either their
driver's license number or the last four digits of their Social Security
number twice: once on their absentee ballot application forms and once on
the envelope in which they return their ballots.
Those numbers will then be matched against voters' records to confirm they
are who they say they are -- a change from the current signature matching
process. Those whose votes are at risk of being rejected because of
technical errors can make corrections online under the new law. If time is
short, counties can notify voters by phone or email that they can cancel
their mail-in ballots and vote in person.
Also, the bill in no way changes the way overseas troops (along with their
spouses and eligible dependents) vote. All provisions of the FVAP remain in
place including the FPCA. Please see
https://www.votetexas.gov/military-overseas-voters/

Military and Overseas Voters

First and foremost, we would like to thank you, the military voters, for
your service to our country. To all U.S. citizens overseas, thank you for
your interest in your country’s elections while far away. (Federal voting
law defines “overseas” as anywhere outside the United States. This includes
Canada and Mexico.) Military and overseas voters are welcome to use the
regular registration and early voting by mail process (also known as
absentee voting) available to all voters away from their home county on
Election Day. However, there are also special provisions for you.
The process is as easy as ABC:

*A (Application <https://www.votetexas.gov/military-overseas-voters/#a>)*
Fill out and file your FPCA (Federal Postcard Application) as soon as
possible but no later than the 11th day before Election Day.

*B (Ballot <https://www.votetexas.gov/military-overseas-voters/#b>)*
Receive your ballot or use the FWAB (Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot).

*C (Casting and Counting
<https://www.votetexas.gov/military-overseas-voters/#c>)*
Cast your vote by returning your marked ballot by Election Day, or the 5th
day after if voting from overseas.

TRACK THE PROGRESS OF YOUR FPCA AND BALLOT
<https://webservices.sos.state.tx.us/FPCA/index.aspx>