[Vision2020] Ahhh, the memories (most of them legal) . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jul 28 09:50:22 PDT 2021

Company B, 1st Battalion, 3rd Basic Combat Training Brigade, Fort Ord (where I took basic training in 1969)
Vacant Building (2010)
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Photos/Army/B13_Fort_Ord.jpg

Nurnberg, Germany (April ‘70 - December ‘73)
The first two things I learned about Germany when I reported there was the legal drinking age of 16 and the government-regulated sex industry.  This added a whole new dimension to Fridays and Saturdays for a single 18-year-old soldier, like myself.  Pictured below is a brothel district that was nicknamed “The Wall” as it was located just inside Nurnberg’s old city whose perimeter was a 30-foot high stone wall.  Another thing:  Americans have no concept of “old”.  To Americans 300 years is old.  Germans take beer breaks longer than that.
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Photos/Germany/The_Wall_Nurnberg.jpg

Home sweet home in Anjong-Ri, Korea (where Rodna and I lived (the hootch on the left) February ‘76 - March ‘77)
http://www.tomandrodna.com/MoscowCares/Photos/Korea/AnjongRi_HomeSweetHome_0276_0377.JPG

December 31, 1976 (Anjong-Ri, Korea)
Rodna and I stopped in at the Top Hat Club (a GI hangout) to celebrate New Years Eve.  At around 9:00 all the business girls stood in front of the bar for the New Years Eve drawing.  The winner of the drawing got his choice of the business girls for an all-nighter, courtesy of the Top Hat Club.  I’m guessing that the Covid virus
(sorry, no picture)

Stuttgart, Germany  (November ‘77 - April ‘82)
Regular parties at a friend’s apartment in Stuttgart.
http://www.tomandrodna.com/MoscowCares/Photos/Stuttgart_1979.jpg

Ippesheim, Germany (April ‘86 - November ‘89)

http://www.MoscowCares.net

“A stranger is just a friend you haven’t met.”
- Roy E. Stolworthy