[Vision2020] A Time That Dreamed of Life

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Jan 30 05:00:37 PST 2021

A Time That Dreamed of Life

(author unknown)

Sixties was a time when the spirit was free
floating along, just the clouds and me
youth decided not to play the game
nothing in the world would ever be the same

Being forced in to the wars, had to cease
the greatest word ever appeared, peace
advancements took the burden off women
you see light in their eyes when the pill happen

Chanting 'burn the bra' wearing little mini skirts
nobody could say anything when a girl flirts
it was wonderful to see women with a choice
and a little scary as they found their voice

Kennedy’s killed, watched the cities burn
the citizens forgotten, now wanting their turn
then the signing of the bill of human rights
the amazing space race, with the moon flights

The Vietnam skirmish displayed nightly on TV
Brinkley would put up totals of the casualties
showed death and kids in the dirty little war
citizens rose up, said we ain’t taking it no more

Beatles sang with a sound that made girls scream
with words so different we lived in a submarine
with the fuse lite, the door opened for rock and roll
we dimped down the road listening to Motown Soul

Down on the farm gathered for Woodstock
after that, all of the world had heard of rock
sadness came with Charles Manson and his flock
left even the harden souls in state of shock

In sports there was the greatest, Mohammed Ali
hands moved fast, they were hard to see
Super Bowl, won by Namath and New York Jets
even crazier, World Series won by New York Mets

The Sixties were special, never happen again
free love, free spirit, free ideas, had to come to an end
a time when 'peace' was the only message to send
when we could be totally different and be a best friend.

http://www.moscowcares.com/

“A stranger is just a friend you haven't met.” - Roy E. Stolworthy