[Vision2020] Non-Violence? Re: Local man in the news

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 14:19:08 PST 2021

I keep debating the ethics of non-violence as an absolute principle.  I
don't feel comfortable with the inescapable logic of justifying violence in
some extreme cases, especially with the slippery slope objection.  But if
one person is engaged in killing a hundred innocent people, and the only
way to stop them is violence, even perhaps lethal, well.. That's why we pay
taxes to support a huge military that plans to kill people for national
self defense if necessary, correct?  Or we could adopt a total pacifistic
ethical principle?  No more military preparation for killing if "necessary?"

One person spreading COVID-19 might cause the death or serious illness of
numerous people, correct?
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett

Exactly.