[Vision2020] Candidate a coward, conspirator

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Oct 28 05:11:04 PDT 2020

Courtesy of today’s (October 28, 2020) Moscow-Pullman Daily News with thanks to Keely Emerine-Mix.

———————————————

Candidate a coward, conspirator

I have watched with concern the last six months Latah County Commission candidate Gabriel Rench’s irresponsible activities during the current pandemic. He organized in April a rally to protest wearing masks, and then over the last month pulled a stunt alongside his pastor, Doug Wilson, during Wilson’s Christ Church’s public, maskless, “Psalm Sings,” where the Word of God is not celebrated, but used simply as a cheap lawbreaking tactic.

Given that Rench is a congregant and a deacon-on-leave at Wilson’s church, he is responsible with Wilson for encouraging planned displays of disregard for his neighbors by joining in gatherings of some 200 people singing lustily in Friendship Square and at City Hall while not wearing masks.

I call that contempt for science as well as for one’s neighbors, and willful participation in a conspiracy of disregard with his master, Wilson.

Such events are illegal under Moscow’s mask ordinance, and candidate Rench was rightly arrested for not wearing one. He also sabotaged the League of Women Voters Candidate Forum against incumbent Tom Lamar by showing up at the last minute without a mask, claiming an unnamed exemption. It’s not idle gossip to wonder if Rench was directed by Wilson to not appear at the forum, given his ignorance of local government and his lack of experience.I call his refusal to appear with Lamar cowardice.

In the 15 years or so that I have known Gabe Rench, he has never differed, in theology or in politics, from Doug Wilson. In my book, that makes Rench a coward, a conspirator and a candidate full of contempt for his constituents in Latah County. Surely we can do better than to elect a man pathetically eager to do the bidding of another.

Keely Emerine-Mix
Moscow

http://www.moscowcares.com/

“A stranger is just a friend you haven't met.” - Roy E. Stolworthy