[Vision2020] Pence Grateful That Plexiglass Shield at Debate Will Protect Him from Woman

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Oct 6 08:43:41 PDT 2020

Courtesy of the New Yorker at:

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/pence-grateful-that-plexiglass-shield-at-debate-will-protect-him-from-woman

———————————————
Pence Grateful That Plexiglass Shield at Debate Will Protect Him from Woman

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Mike Pence said that he was “extremely grateful” that the organizers of Wednesday night’s Vice-Presidential debate would be providing a plexiglass shield to protect him from a woman.

Speaking to reporters, Pence said that the Commission on Presidential Debates had taken “appropriate measures” to shield him from exposure to a female during the Salt Lake City face-off.

“I’ve read all the relevant literature, and from what I’ve learned a plexiglass shield provides adequate protection from a woman,” he said. “Knowing that this barrier exists between me and a member of the opposite sex, I feel comfortable about moving forward with the debate.”

The Vice-President added that, if he makes it through Wednesday’s debate without being exposed to a woman, he may start bringing a portable plexiglass shield with him on the campaign trail.

“Despite all of my precautions, in my travels across this great land of ours I have unfortunately encountered women,” Pence said. “Plexiglass might be the answer.”

http://www.TomandRodna.com/MoscowCares

“A stranger is just a friend you haven't met.” - Roy E. Stolworthy