[Vision2020] Mayo Clinic: COVID-19 (coronavirus): Long-term effects

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 21:57:12 PDT 2020

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351

---------------
Rejection of credible science is unfortunately a major societal problem in
the US given the polarization of ideology/politics linked to anti-science
confirmation bias/motivated reasoning filters/information silos.

I'll skip mentioning ideologies in particular to avoid the polarizing
politics which I more and more find unproductive.

Even if fatalities on the Palouse from COVID-19 have not impacted younger
age groups, the long term health problems among those who survive
infection, that have yet to be fully explored due to the limited or
nonexistent long term data, are enough reason to assume the easy
precautions like mask wearing and social distancing.

I'm arrogant and foolish enough about my health to believe I would survive
COVID-19 infection, but I do not want long term health impairments.  And I
would be horrified if I infected someone else!

I have consistently been wearing an N-95 mask since the pandemic started
when in public with others near, with a few exceptions.

What the hell are people thinking!?  Maybe not thinking is more like it!