[Vision2020] Unity is Community

Ghazanfar, Dr. S. M. (ghazi@uidaho.edu) ghazi at uidaho.edu
Fri Nov 27 10:51:48 PST 2020

Dear Friends: Greetings…..
Interesting poem below---inspirational, moving…..indeed, Unity is Community
That’s what the annual Moscow CommUNITY Walk/Celebration was all about.  That was one of the most celebrated annual event in Moscow, each spring, from 2006 to 2014, with 400-500 participants from around the Palouse, usually led by the City Mayor and the UI President.  We had financial and moral support from several public-private sectors of the area.
And now that Trump;s “divisive” tone is being replaced by Biden’s frequent calls for UNITY, perhaps it is time to revive the CommUNITY Walk tradition in the Palouse…..
I request my friends to seriously consider doing so.  The model is there, to be readily replicated.
Best wishes…..
Ghazi

S. ‘Ghazi’ Ghazanfar, Ph.D., [Emeritus-Professor, 1968-2002); Emeritus, 2002; Dept-Chair, 1993-2002;
          Director, Int’l Studies Program, 1989-93; Adj.Prof., 03-08; University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho 83843]
Acworth, Georgia 30101]
My “Odyssey” Book:  https://www.lostliferecovered.com/author/; https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lost-life-recovered-dr-ghazanfar/1132218789?ean=9781728313320;
Homepage:  www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~ghazi<http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~ghazi>
Anonymous: “Knowledge finite, ignorance infinite”
Khalil Jibran: “My heart keen to help others, for I was helped much”