[Vision2020] Poll Shows Most Democrats Have Taken Advantage of Early Drinking (SATIRE)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Nov 2 16:36:14 PST 2020

Courtesy of the New Yorker at:

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/poll-shows-most-democrats-have-taken-advantage-of-early-drinking

————————————————-
Poll Shows Most Democrats Have Taken Advantage of Early Drinking

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (The Borowitz Report)—A new poll indicates that the vast majority of Democratic voters have taken advantage of early drinking ahead of the 2020 election.

In contrast to 2016, when many Democrats did not begin drinking in earnest until well into Election Night, the poll indicates that these same voters started consuming alcohol days and even weeks before November 3rd.

“By the time I started drinking in 2016, it was too late for me to fully anesthetize myself,” Harland Dorrinson, an Arizona Democrat who started drinking last Thursday, said. “That’s why I went for the early-drinking option.”

According to the poll, white wine, long considered a favorite of certain Democratic constituencies, was the choice of only twenty-four per cent of the early drinkers, while vodka, scotch, and other spirits garnered the support of a whopping fifty-nine per cent.

The surging support for hard liquor is an indication that Democrats are taking early drinking more seriously than they did in 2016, experts say.
Carol Foyler, a Pennsylvania voter who began early drinking in September, said that she had not stocked enough alcohol in her home in 2016 but was better prepared this year. “I made a plan to drink,” she said.

http://www.moscowcares.com/

“A stranger is just a friend you haven't met.” - Roy E. Stolworthy