[Vision2020] Ah, the memories . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Mar 20 06:01:33 PDT 2020

The back gate at Kelley Barracks (Stuttgart, Germany), circa 1979, where Rodna volunteered at Army Community Services (ACS) and I was assigned to Headquarters Company, VII Corps for five years (1977 - 1982) although we lived about fifteen miles away in the small town of Bonlanden.

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Photos/Army/Back_Gate_Kelly_Stuttgart.jpg

1977 was the most fascinating (and peculiar) year in my Army career . . .

Rodna and I started 1977 at Camp Humphreys (Anjong-Ri, Korea).  I came down on orders and reported in to Headquarters Company, 504th MP Battalion (Presidio of San Francisco, California) the end of March.  Rodna and I wanted to go back to Korea.  I submitted a request for overseas service.  Army regulations did not permit me to serve consecutive overseas short-tour assignments.  Instead, I came down on orders for Headquarters Company, VII Corps (Kelley Barracks, Stuttgart, Germany) reporting in November.

Ahhh, those were the days, my friend.

http://www.MoscowCares.com