[Vision2020] Some disturbing stats

Roger Hayes rhayesmoscowid at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 15:20:36 PDT 2020

Ok, I listened to governor Little's talk on the virus. He's more
reasonable, or at least appears to be, than most Republicans on this issue,
I have to admit.  But here's some stats he didn't mention:
Idaho had 1,498 more cases since last Monday. Our population is roughly 1.7
million.
Oregon had 1,402 more cases since last Monday. Their population is 4.2
million. Two and a half times that of Idaho's
Washington had 3,383 more cases since last Monday. Their population is 7.6
million. About 4.5 times the population of Idaho.
If you look at the math comparing our neighbor's populations and infection
rates, Washington should have had roughly a total 6,000 more cases compared
with Idaho's rate. Oregon should have had a total of 3,745 more. But they
didn't. Why?
Stay close to home as much as possible. Wear a damn mask in public. Try to
stay more than 6' from other people in public spaces.  Stay out of the
bars, churches, restaurants and other public gatherings, even parties, if
they can't provide for the safety of our communities. I really understand
the difficulty of doing so, but these are times unlike any others of our
times. Be strong.
Roger