[Vision2020] Shocked By Large Gathering

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jul 8 01:07:19 PDT 2020

Courtesy of today’s (July 8, 2020) Moscow-Pullman Daily News with thanks to Joann Muneta,

———————————————

Shocked By Large Gathering

I join with others in the Moscow community who were shocked and disappointed to learn that our Christ Church neighbors gathered an assembly of about 1,000 people indoors without masks or social distancing on June 28. Church leader Doug Wilson talked about it as if it were an accomplishment. It’s not an accomplishment to endanger the health and well-being of our community.

I find it hard to believe that hundreds and hundreds of Moscow residents do not understand the concepts of “highly contagious,” “easily spread,” “pandemic,” “thousands dying,” “millions more sick every day” or “hospitals filling up.” I cannot believe they do not care if their actions harm their neighbors and fellow citizens. These church members tell us all lives are precious. They seem to care about protecting the unborn, but ignore caring about fellow humans trying to avoid serious and fatal illnesses. Frankly, it’s very difficult for me to understand their reasoning and their value system.

Let us be thankful for those who do care, including Mayor Bill Lambert, who made the difficult decision to require masks be worn to help protect the health and safety of our community, and some struggling business owners who have decided to temporarily close due to the virus upsurge in Latah County.

Let’s also hope that at least some of those thousand Christ Church attendees will rethink their actions and have meaningful discussions within their congregation about what it means to love thy neighbor.

Joann Muneta
Moscow

http://www.TomandRodna.com/MoscowCares

“A stranger is just a friend you haven't met.” - Roy E. Stolworthy