[Vision2020] Macy's latest store closings include Lewiston Center Mall store

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Wed Feb 5 09:48:27 PST 2020

Macy's latest round of about 125 stores includes the ones in Lewiston,
ID, Seattle, WA, and Helena, MT.

Macy’s will close roughly 125 stores, a fifth of its locations, over the
next three years.

After previously announcing that it would close 298 locations
<https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/01/07/macys-store-closings-2020-list-more-than-dozen-stores-shutter/2829013001/>,
Macy's said Tuesday that it will now shutter nearly 100 more.

The retailer also said that it is cutting about 2,000 positions
<https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/02/04/macys-cut-jobs-struggles-amid-rise-amazon/4654961002/> ,
eliminating 9% of its corporate and support positions.

“We are making deep cuts that impact every area of our business,''
Macy's CEO Jeff Gennette said Wednesday during the retailer's Investors
Day. "These changes are painful but they are necessary.''

Macy's, once the model of the luxury department store, has struggled to
stay afloat during a time when Amazon has remade the shopping
landscape and one time retail giants like Payless and Toys R Us are
going out of business.

Here is the list of the latest announced closings:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/02/05/macys-store-closings-list-125-stores-close-19-states/4665130002/

Ken