[Vision2020] Stay at home order

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Thu Apr 30 11:10:51 PDT 2020

On 4/30/20 7:47 AM, rhayes at frontier.com wrote:
> I would like to encourage Governor Little to stand firm on the stay at
> home order until science shows that it is safe to open our state
> again. As of Tuesday, the 28, there have been almost 2,000 cases in
> Idaho with 58 deaths. I believe that it took courage on the part of
> the governor, and fortitude on the part of Idahoans to self-isolate
> thereby preventing a much, much larger transmission of this disease
> resulting in considerably more misery and death if we had not done so.
> Be thoughtful of others. Be brave in these trying times.  Be thankful
> that we live in a state where reason prevails

What is of paramount importance to this decision, and especially so when
considering a university city such as Moscow, is the availability of
testing capacities yielding accurate and timely results for individual
and, accumulated, local infection results, or the lack thereof, in the
preferable case.  The Governor needs encouragement to increase testing
capabilities everywhere in the state, especially those locations that
can be expected to have greater immigration soon.

As the academic year draws to close locally, and the usually quieter
summer ensues, now is the time to work diligently and with full effort
toward obtaining and perfecting local testing capabilities.  All
relevant local organizations should have well-supplied, well-trained,
and efficient, effective testing abilities well-honed for the arrival of
the fall semester student population, from where ever they may have
traveled.  One can only assume that the fall semester will carry an
influx of viral infections, and the locality must be well-prepared, and
mentally braced for the changes that influx will bring to the community.
Caveat.

Ken