[Vision2020] Looking at My Child

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Apr 30 04:57:05 PDT 2020

For all you mommies out there . . .

“Looking at My Child” by Dee McDonald

I look at my child as she looks at me,
And into her eyes I look and I see
The innocence that fills her unspoiled soul.
These moments I wish I could treasure and hold.

But my baby is growing, and influences are strong.
I hope she remembers the right from the wrong.
I've tried hard to instill these virtues inside,
But regardless, she still fills me with happiness and pride.

The job of a Mother can be very hard.
With tears full and plenty, your heart can feel scarred.
When you look at your baby filled with happiness and glee,
No better reward for a Mother can be.

As hard as it is or as it can be,
I'd never trade this experience for anything, you see.
The innocence she holds she has passed on to me,
And a much better person she's helped me to be.

http://www.MoscowCares.com

“A stranger is just a friend you haven't met.” - Roy E. Stolworthy