[Vision2020] Texas’s Lieutenant Governor Says Dying Not as Bad as Living in State Where He Is Lieutenant Governor (SATIRE)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Apr 22 15:43:41 PDT 2020

Courtesy of the New Yorker at:

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/texass-lieutenant-governor-says-dying-not-as-bad-as-living-in-state-where-he-is-lieutenant-governor

———————————————-
Texas’s Lieutenant Governor Says Dying Not as Bad as Living in State Where He Is Lieutenant Governor

AUSTIN (The Borowitz Report)—Urging Texans to “keep things in perspective,” Texas’s lieutenant governor, Dan Patrick, said on Wednesday that dying is “surely not as bad” as living in a state where he is lieutenant governor.

Patrick, whose vehement anti-living message has stirred controversy across the country, said that he was speaking out to remind Texans that there are “some things worse than dying.”

“It’s time for a reality check, folks,” Patrick said. “If you wake up every morning and remember that I am the second-highest-ranking elected official in your state, maybe dying doesn’t look so bad, after all.”

Arguing that “dying has got a bad rap,” he blasted the media for what he called its “flagrant anti-death bias.”

“All these media people who go on about how dying is the worst thing in the world have never spent any time with me,” he said.

http://www.MoscowCares.com