[Vision2020] Study: Millions of Taxpayer Dollars Could Be Saved by Impeaching Pence at Same Time (SATIRE)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Oct 10 12:08:20 PDT 2019

Courtesy of the New Yorker at:

https://tinyurl.com/Bad-News-for-Pence

——————————————

Study: Millions of Taxpayer Dollars Could Be Saved by Impeaching Pence at Same Time

MINNEAPOLIS (The Borowitz Report)—A nonpartisan study published by the University of Minnesota has found that the nation could save “untold millions” of taxpayer dollars by impeaching Mike Pence at the same time as Donald J. Trump.

The study, entitled “Operation bogo,” makes a compelling case for commencing an impeachment inquiry into Pence “as soon as possible,” its author, Davis Logsdon, said on Thursday.

“The cost of impeaching Trump alone or Trump and Pence together is virtually identical,” Logsdon, an economics professor, said. “This is all about economy of scale.”

“Taxpayers are already paying Adam Schiff to investigate Trump,” he added. “I’m fairly sure Schiff could be persuaded to throw in Pence for free.”

When it comes time to publish articles of impeachment against Trump, Logsdon noted, “It would cost almost nothing in terms of paper or ink cartridges to add the words ‘and Pence, too.’ ”

In the eventuality that Trump and Pence are removed from office simultaneously, additional cost savings could be achieved, Logsdon added. “They could share the same moving van,” he said.

In conclusion, the University of Minnesota study proposed that the millions saved by impeaching Pence at the same time as Trump could be spent on schools, roads, and paying down the national debt. “The question is no longer ‘Should we impeach Mike Pence?’ ” Logsdon said. “The question is ‘How can we afford not to?’ ”

http://www.MoscowCares.com