[Vision2020] Several Important Announcements from Latah Recovery Community Center, Inc.

Darrell Keim keim153 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 11:17:30 PDT 2019

5 BIG announcements below:

1.  A BIG Thank You!
Frequent readers will know that last week was our annual fundraiser
breakfast at the Best Western University Inn.  We raised $38000 to support
the local recovery community.  Can you believe it?  THANK YOU for
supporting our efforts.  We'd especially like to thank the 40 table
captains that made it possible.  We also thank Gritman Medical Center and
Washington Mutual for sponsoring the breakfast, and Flowers by Roxanne for
the beautiful decorations.  Finally, a BIG thanks to the 265 attendees that
gave so generously.

At the breakfast we announced:
2.  A BIG new partnership and expansion of services:  We are ramping up to
provide some crisis services.  This is due to our partnership with the
Crisis Response Network being developed amongst the 5 hospitals in central
Idaho.  We expect this service will start by June.

3.  A BIG name change:  As part of the above partnership we have changed
our name to better reflect what we do.  We are now Latah Recovery Community
Center, Inc.  (Okay, maybe this one's only biggish.)

4.  A BIG outreach effort to vets:  We are pleased to have received funding
from both the Idaho Division of Veterans Services and the Veterans of
Foreign Wars to develop veterans support services.  The first Veterans
Coffee and Bitch Session is on 3/13 at 5:30pm at the American Legion Cabin
on Howard St.

5.  A BIG outreach to our rural communities.  The State of Idaho has funded
us to do recovery outreach in a couple of Latah county communities.  Look
for more news later this spring.  (This wasn't announced at the breakfast.
It was in the newspaper last week).

See all the BIG news you miss when you sleep in?  ;)

Now, onto our regularly scheduled programming-this weeks announcements and
calendar.
Write for You's latest writing exercise:
https://latahrecoverycenter.org/2019/03/11/write-for-you-doodles-of-kindness/

New support group this week:  Veterans Coffee and Bitch Session is being
held on 3/13 at 5:30pm at the American Legion Cabin on Howard St.

Don't miss Recovery Radio on KRFP Thursdays, 1pm.

Here's our March calendar:
https://latahrecoverycenter.files.wordpress.com/2019/03/march-2019-at-the-latah-recovery-center.docx.pdf