[Vision2020] Excerpts: Re: Greta Thunberg's Speech EU Parliament 4-16-19

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 00:39:51 PDT 2019

A few excerpts from her speech:

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/04/17/you-cannot-ignore-science-emotional-plea-greta-thunberg-begs-eu-take-urgent-climate

Published on
Wednesday, April 17, 2019
 by
Common Dreams <https://www.commondreams.org/>
'You Cannot Ignore Science': In Emotional Plea, Greta Thunberg Begs EU to
Take Urgent Climate Action

"Our house is falling apart, and our leaders need to start acting
accordingly."
by
Andrea Germanos
<https://www.commondreams.org/author/andrea-germanos-staff-writer>
"Erosion of fertile top soil, deforestation of our great forests, toxic air
pollution, loss of insects and wildlife, the acidification of our
oceans—these are all disastrous trends being accelerated by a way of life
that we.. see as our right to carry on,"

 "Our house is falling apart, and our leaders need to start acting
accordingly—because at the moment they are not,"

"...you wouldn't fly around the world in business class chatting about how
the market will solve everything... You wouldn't talk about buying and
building your way out of a crisis that has been creating by buying and
building things. You wouldn't hold three emergency Brexit summits and no
emergency summit regarding the breakdown of the climate and environment.
You wouldn't be arguing about phasing out coal in 15 or 11 years...You
wouldn't be celebrating that one nation like Ireland may soon divest from
fossil fuels. You wouldn't celebrate that Norway has decided to stop
drilling for oil at the scenic resort of Lofoten Islands but will continue
to drill for oil everywhere else for decades. "

Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett