[Vision2020] Recycling

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 21:28:10 PDT 2018

Thanks for the information, Andy.

I wondered about the "compostable plastic" being as wonderful a sustainable
option as it might sound!
I guess it is not as wonderful as it sounds!

With environmental, sustainable and "green" marketing strategies, even from
progressive environmental
organizations, it can be difficult to sort out the "greenwash" from the
realistic "bottom line" impacts.

A lot of people want to do the right thing for sustainability...
But if it means a major sacrifice in their lifestyle or materialistic
consumptions habits, well, you know how
that goes!  I'm a major offender in this regard.  And I am likely worse
ethically than manty people,
given how acutely aware I am of what is at stake for our Earth and future
generations.  Ignorance
can indeed be bliss!  At least a dumbed down version...

I'm reminded of author Henry Miller commenting that he was far worse a
human being than
many people, given (I am largely paraphrasing) his awareness of the madness
of human society,
yet he was unable or unwilling to stop it!

Oh well!  I guess picking up the aluminum beer cans that litter the rural
roads of Latah County
by the hundreds likely thousands is still a nano-sustainable effort, if
recycling the cans.  Especially
if hauling the cans on a bicycle; maybe a bit lower energy/fossil fuel
resource extractive impact...

I have been amazed by how many aluminum beer cans are  hidden embedded in
the weeks and grass etc.
along rural roads in Latah County, long abandoned!  The problem is, they
are often so full of dirt and
debris they are not easily suitable for recycling.

Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett
***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2000 through life
plus 70 years, Ted Moffett.
Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside the
Vision2020.Moscow.com <http://vision2020.moscow.com/> forum without the
express written permission of the author.*****

OK all, I will try to answer some of these questions.