[Vision2020] Correction Re: 10-10-18: CBS Evening News Ignores Anthropogenic Warming Contribution to Hurricane Matthew

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 20:48:36 PDT 2018

As I wrote in this Vision2020 post on CBS News & Hurricane *Michael, "Maybe
I missed something!"  *

*Indeed I did, given I named Hurricane Michael "Hurricane Matthew" in the
subject heading and brief comments.  This in spite of the current source I
quoted *
*that indicated "Hurricane Michael.'  But the reason I made this mistake is
the fact that a Hurricane Matthew was in 2016 in October (same month of the
year in the same state) threatening Florida, thus in an Internet search
this previous hurricane was mentioned.   I switched the names:*
*https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/05/us/hurricane-matthew-us.html
<https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/05/us/hurricane-matthew-us.html>*
As Hurricane Matthew Nears U.S., Residents Get Warning: Prepare  Oct. 5,
2016
"Hurricane Matthew, a deadly storm with maximum sustained winds of more
than 110 miles per hour, was forecast to start inflicting significant rain
and wind damage in southern Florida beginning late Thursday..."

However, I did check again on the CBS Evening News report on Hurricane
Michael, and once again did not find any reference to global
warming's contribution to increased ocean water temperature as a
variable in the rapid intensification of this hurricane.