[Vision2020] Syringa Relocation Fund

kfaunce at roadrunner.com kfaunce at roadrunner.com
Fri May 25 08:01:04 PDT 2018

Dear beloved Moscow community,

The Syringa Emergency Relocation Fund committee met this morning to start making preliminary deliberations on how to award the funding we’ve raised for residents who are being forcibly evicted from their homes in less than two weeks. Thanks to the generosity of this community, we have about $8,000 in unrestricted, eligibility-free funding to distribute. We are serving approximately 21 families who are being displaced. These folks’ requests for assistance are very modest—they range from just $175 to around $900. Sadly, the funding we have accrued is falling short of what we need to cover residents’ requests for their most basic immediate needs. We need at least $2,000 more to be able to cover these requests swiftly and equitably.

A large part of what makes Moscow such a special place to live is the unconditional care and generosity of its residents towards their own. Members of this community care deeply for one another. So we’re asking for one last push to help our friends and neighbors who are moving out of the Syringa Mobile Home Park. Please, please, please consider making a donation to our online GoFundMe site today. We are closing the site on Tuesday, May 29 and hope to raise an additional $2,000 before then. If 100 people who read this post donated $20 each, we’d make it.

Syringa residents have suffered untold hardship over the past 5-6 years. They have been repeatedly shunned, scapegoated, and ignored, victimized by broad-based assumptions about their character, intentions, and honor that relate the deteriorating conditions of the property where they live, through absolutely no fault of their own. These folks are hard-working, contributing members of our community—they work, they pay taxes, they go to church, they have families and love their children and volunteer their time and give back, despite often having little with which to do so. Please help us help them in their moment of need.

You can give online here: https://www.gofundme.com/syringa-emergency-relocation-fund.

Thank you for reading, and thanking for helping our friends and neighbors.

With gratitude and hope,

Lysa Salsbury, LT Hormel and Anne Zabala