[Vision2020] Obama Envy

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Jun 22 09:26:52 PDT 2018

“Obama Envy” (or “Why Isn’t Orange the New Black”)
By Calvin Trillin, Deadline Poet

How great am I? As great as one can be.
So why do they admire him, not me?
The phony press keeps saying he’s got class,
Implying I’m a blimp-like bag of gas.
They say he’s eloquent and dryly funny—
Although, in fact, I’ve got a lot more money.
I’ve tried to sign his legacy away.
Why can’t they see his feet are made of clay?
Why is it that affection for him lingers
While they feel free to ridicule my fingers?
Why can’t they recognize that I’m their ruler?
They say he’s cool. Believe me, I am cooler.
They’re on his side whatever they compare.
No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair!

http://www.MoscowCares.com