[Vision2020] 7-26-18: U of I Professor Gary Machlis Interviewed On Deutsche Welle Documentary "War Waste"

Ron Force ronforce at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 18:58:01 PDT 2018

Well, yes, somebody should update the Website, but fortunately I'm not
responsible. I wasn't being critical of your posting, but I know Gary
personally and thought the info should be brought up to date. My wife has
co-authored a bunch of stuff with Gary, including a book last year. He got
interested in war waste when he purchased a vacation home in Vieques,
Puerto Rico. The island had been used as a bombing range by the Navy. Most
of that writing was done in 2008, so maybe that's where the DW footage came
from. He is University Professor of Environmental Sustainability at
Clemson, while still being an Emeritus Professor at UI. We emeriti get to
keep our e-mail addresses indefinitely. Free parking, too, now that we
don't need it anymore 😀

Ron Force
Moscow Idaho USA