[Vision2020] 7-26-18: U of I Professor Gary Machlis Interviewed On Deutsche Welle Documentary "War Waste"

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 17:44:49 PDT 2018

Then the Deutsche Welle documentary that just ran on KWSU this week
presented outdated information, given it explicitly stated with words
printed out on
the video at the 31:44 min. mark:
"Gary Machlis Professor of Conservation University of Idaho"

Odd they would present outdated information!

Even a clemson.edu URL address indicates the following:
https://www.clemson.edu/cbshs/centers-institutes/institute-
for-parks/hartzog/previous-hartzog-lecturers/machlis.pdf
Dr. Gary E. Machlis is Science Advisor to the Director, National Park
Service, and Professor of Conservation at the University of Idaho.
The uidaho.edu webpage and the email contact info which I used to send
Machlis an email to gmachlis at uidaho.edu (which did not bounce) led me to
believe he was
still at the U of I.

It seems someone should remove this uidaho.edu <http://uidado.edu> content
or update it to indicate Machlis is
no longer at the U of I.

http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~gmachlis/professor.html

Professor
[image: chair]

   - [image: down arrow] Introduction
   <http://www.webpages.uidaho.edu/~gmachlis/professor.html#Introduction>
   - [image: down arrow] Research / Teaching / Service

Introduction

Dr. Machlis is Professor of Conservation in the Forest, Rangeland, & Fire
Sciences Department at the University of Idaho. He is currently serving as
Science Advisor to the Director, National Park Service, through an
Intergovernmental Mobility Assignment.

Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett

Gary retired from the UI. He left to join the Obama administration 2009.